In our busy lives and ever increasing stress levels, people are looking to complementary therapies to help them relax; reflexology is one such therapy. Reflexology uses an holistic approach to health, to help reduce stress and bring about a sense of wellbeing.
Principles and aims of reflexology
The main factors that are evident in all disease are congestion, inflammation and tension. Reflexology aims to correct these. Disease, in holistic terms, is caused by an imbalance, or blockage in the body. When you remove this blockage, then the organ can function efficiently and health resumes.
Treatment sessions are designed to improve circulation to help the body eliminate waste, reduce congestion and to relieve tension. The body can then return to a ‘rest and repair’ state, which encourages the body’s own healing processes.
- Improves the efficient delivery of blood, oxygen and nutrients to the cells by boosting the circulation.
- Boosts the elimination of toxins from the body via the kidneys.
- Improves the severity of migraines and headaches by relieving tension in the muscles. If you reduce the stress you reduce the physical symptoms.
- Induces a state of deep relaxation by gentle massage on the reflexes.
- Reduces stress by lowering cortisol levels and so supports relaxation
- Boosts energy by stimulating nerve function and so increases energy to the muscle.
With so many benefits to health, its easy to see why reflexology is such a popular therapy. If you would like to see how reflexology can help you, or you would just like to take some time out and relax, why not call to make an appointment?