Cacao & Nut Butter Energy Balls
Paula Fenegan Recipe
Makes 8-10 balls
- 100g dates
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp of cacao
- 3 tbsp of nut butter
- 1 tbsp of coconut
- Cover the dates with warm water for 5-10 mins to soften, then blend to a paste. If using medjool dates this is not necessary.
- Blend the pumkin and sunflower seeds to a powder.
- Mix the cacao with the seed powder and dates and mix to form a large ball.
- Divide up into small balls and roll in the coconut
- Put in the fridge to firm up for at least 20mins.
- Pumpkin seeds contain omega 3, zinc, magnesium, manganese, sunflower seeds contain omega 6,vitaamin E and good levels of protein
- Nut butters ( almond ) are high in vitamin e
- Cacao is high in iron, magnesium. Research shows it is good for the heart and the microbiome.
Please follow and like us:
13 July 2021